Cassava Republic is one of the most reputable TradoPublishing houses that have stepped out of the norm of regular printing presses and publishing house, and have made books fun for readers. Some of their authors include Sarah Ladipo Manyika, Author of ‘Independence’; Teju Cole, Every Day is for THE THIEF; Marilyn Heward Mills, Author of ‘Cloth Girl’
Although many people are desirous to know how to publish their books with them, they don’t know how to go about it. This post would enlighten you on how to do that.
- Read Their Books: Not necessarily all. Try to read their works. If you can get your hands on the summaries of their books, do that also. It would give you a chance to know if your book can be published with them.
- Your synopsis: Send Synopsisnot blurb or Teaser: Synopsisis what the editors read after they have read some parts of your novel. The synopsis gives them details on the main theme, major character, and the major conflict.
Whereas, a teaser is just to catch the readers’ attention. For example:
The Enchanted Swans by Christy Nicholas
Fionnuala must care for her three brothers while learning to live under an evil curse. Will she find a way to break the spell, or will they remain swans, tethered to three places for nine hundred years?
Meanwhile, Blurbs are quotes from other people on your book.
Cassava Republic would only accept a synopsis, and make sure it is not above 500-words.
- Send an Excerpt: Along with the synopsis, send the first 3 chapters of your work on a word document.
- Send your sample chapters as a word attachment saved in the following way: date of submission (dd.mm.yy).firstname. surname.book title.
- The subject of the email should be: Cassava Submission: [Author’s name], [book title]
Example: Cassava Submission: Aruakpo Okoribe, Strange Encounters.
- They follow this rule because the submissions are logged and read chronologically.
- Post your name only on the Title Page.
- Format Your Work: Use the following format for any work you want to send to them;
justify to the left.
- Submit On Their Website: On their website, you will be directed to Summitable. This resource help website get submission from different source. It is very easy to use.
6. Then, you wait.
Have any issue, let’s hear from you.